Monday 10 March 2014

FINAL MAJOR PROJECT WEEK 1 - 10march

The final major project began today, so I started to research comic brands and character design. I found some interesting and inspiring images and sources however I didn't feel quite settled on my overall idea. I kept coming stuck trying to think of an original comic theme or message and realistically most of those bases have been covered which created a problem for me. So I then looked at the context of the current world and what comics are currently doing well and adventure time is up there. So using this research I looked into new ways of formatting a comic and as an application was an alternative and intriguing idea. I talked to a few people and this seemed like a promising idea to make my project that much more interesting and different to just another comic. So far research and ideas are progressing slowly but that is to be expected at such an early stage when considering I have to provide myself a basis of a project to  last several weeks. I am pleased with my slight change in direction as it ranges across both scopes of illustration and graphic design quite nicely in an almost perfect half and half ratio. I am really looking forward to progressing on this project and completing my ideas to form a visual and possibly interactive final product to be proud of. I am going to carry out some first hand research tomorrow at comic stores in london and this should provide further inspiration and direction to help me develop on this project.

CHC

No comments:

Post a Comment