Friday 25 April 2014

FMP WEEK 4 - 25april

This was a busy week so this post represents 2 days worth of studio work and a bank holiday weekends worth of activity. On the Wednesday I took part in the mid way project review where graphics students and peers looked at each others work and carried out a critique, giving advice where needed. This was a great exercise because it allowed you to see how others had gone about the project and showed how much they have achieved. Also when looking at the sheet where others described what was good and bad about my work, it gave me a perspective from others which highlighted a few things which had slipped my mind that I needed to do to boost my grade prospects. I shortly went about printing and filling my sketchbook to fulfil all angles which others had stated I needed work on and evidence of gallery visits. In general my feedback stated that I needed more evidence of gallery visits and work I had done but not recorded in sketchbook; so that was easy to do. However I realised half way through the project that I have now got to the stage where I can now start to complete the final pieces e.g. storyboard and poster/ that's what I should aim to be doing now seeing as time is running out.
Since the review I have found some inspiration and my work rate has increased to a level where I should hopefully have some good stuff completed by the end of the 7 weeks. The panic definitely helps me work faster but even with the increase of work pace I am still constantly reflecting on work and improving it. This constant changing/ improving is good but it does mean that whatever I do takes twice as long as I would ideally like it to take. Overall I am not as far ahead as I would like but the project is evolving much faster now for me so there is still hope.

CHC

No comments:

Post a Comment