Monday 19 May 2014

FMP WEEK 7 - 16may

Today I have messed around heavily with my poster idea; I created a Photoshop composition idea using previous sketches cutting out certain characters/ things and then combining them to form something that looks like a film poster. Then printing and hand drawing, scanning in and Photoshop editing constantly in an attempt to perfect the individuals in this poster; this was problematic and highly frustrating however I feel that what I achieved in the end was fairly successful. Once I created the poster I messed around with the colour versions because colour is generally something that has been lacking with a lot of my work. I experimented heavily using the gradient filter for the majority of the time. I was pleased with how much original work I produced in a short amount of time.
Black and white poster.

Andy Warhol inspired multiple colour poster.

Bus shelter poster.
I also had made some top trumps designs previously in my sketchbook so when it came to producing them on Photoshop, it was relatively quick and easy and I am proud with how they look and think that there is an aspect of originality about them which most other top trumps do not have.
Top trumps front of cards for 5 characters aswell as front of pack card (3 darker cards on right) which is also image on back of every trump card.
I completed the film trailer storyboard of key scenes earlier in the week but came back to edit and try to perfect these frames in an attempt to produce something to be proud of.
Colour versions.

Colour version second part of storyboard.

Final black and white page 1.

Final black and white page 2.
So far so good, I have completed all that I set out to achieve with some time left over for minor edits to perfect what I can which is an ideal situation to be in. I cannot afford to be satisfied though, I need to keep plugging away at this project to get everything I can out of it.

Images: Authors own.

CHC

No comments:

Post a Comment