Wednesday 22 January 2014

3 PROJECTS IN 2 WEEKS DAY 2

This is the day that I completed the 'subversive design' project. I created/ remixed designs for coca coal and costa coffee in a witty way but so that it does not look out of place.
I have mixed the letters around to create an anagram of coca cola, I have changed it so it says something in spanish - it translates directly as 'crazy shit'.

Costa coffee is renowned for being expensive so I have added -'lot' onto the end of costa to represent this literal joke where the logo name is basically summing up in two english words a major fault of the company.
I am pleased with how quickly I worked on this project and successfully I thought of original ideas with only a small amount of research. I think a project like this is best handled at a fast pace which is what I have done but if I have any spare time I could possibly explore this project further placing these logos on shopfronts or on products to give it the extra mile and give some real life perspective to really bring the joke to life.

Images: Authors own.

CHC

No comments:

Post a Comment