Monday 6 January 2014

PROJECT 7 MAPPING AND WAYFINDING DAY 1

I started the day making lots of plans about what I should possibly do and how to go out representing something as a map. I had lots of ideas which was good because it allowed me to see the strongest ones and eliminate the weakest ones. My primary research involved exploring what a good map shows and I believe this to be a clear demonstration and overview of information where the viewer can spot what they need to see as fast as possible. I thought about original topics to map out which might not be thought of as a stereotypical map. I mapped out a few films and tv shows such as lord of the rings and prison break where characters journeys meet and end sin a similar style to the icon and linear underground London maps. To make this more personal I then decided to look into producing a character map like this for one of my favourite films - 'City of God'. I am glad I thought a lot about this project in the first day and feel confident in going forward and exploring this idea further most probably through illustration. I have a few ideas but so far this idea can only progress and be redrafted, I need to keep an open mind to any possible improvements.
 
CHC

No comments:

Post a Comment