Saturday 12 October 2013

FINAL CUT STORYBOARD

Boy is stressed struggling to do homework.

So to relieve stress he runs out to trampoline but when its too late he realises that this is not an ordinary trampoline but one which has ridiculously large amounts of bounce. It catapults boy up to the clouds and almost out of the atmosphere (much like a 'Looney Tunes' cartoon).

Boy crash lands next to trampoline much later at night, he is disorientated and confused.

When boy walks into what he thinks is his house he is shocked to find some monster freaks sitting on the sofa watching TV where he expected to see his family watching TV.

This still shows the fear and shock that boy feels when he sees the unexpected sitting on the sofa watching TV.

Instead of running away or getting stressed about everything not being right, boy just sits down next to the monster freaks to relax and watch TV, he soon realises that they are not as bad as he first thought.
 
REFLECTION
This was a great task for sheer creativity with a brief to create a short story following the basic principles of story creation. This brief gave me a lot of room to work with allowing me to create quite a quirky story. The process at first seemed very slow where constant retaking of images for the story seemed often pointless however I soon realised that after a few drafts of the storyboard that the editing was worth it to increase the enjoyment the viewer gets from the story and its profoundness. To give the story a meaning generally allows it to make sense with beginning, struggle and resolution occurring throughout the storyboard. I feel that my story has improved but it has a lot of room for improvement still, where I could make the story more relatable to the audience in particular. If I was to carry out this task again I would most definitely expand the amount of settings that I used and I would use a much less quirky storyline to make it more relatable to the audience and in turn hopefully more popular.
 
Images: Authors own
 
CHC  

2 comments:

  1. Some great images here, well thought out and the composition of the photos are balanced. The addition of the masks adds some drama and fantasy to create the characters. My favourite image in particular is the mid-air motion trampoline shot. The way the lines blur slightly create a sense of movement and the perspective in which the shot was taken makes a big difference in my opinion. I think the mid-motion trampoline shots are your strongest images purely because its original and adds to the sense of it being a short film. I also like the way you stuck with the boy throughout the story. In future, you could use some more of those alternative perspectives, for instance with the people on the couch or a close up on the shocked boy's face. Overall, a simple but highly effective storyboard, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story board is successful as it has made me laugh and looks like a short film that can be acted without using words. as the images alone tell me the story, this makes it a successful story and the problem was also highlighted in the picture.

    ReplyDelete