Wednesday 20 November 2013

COLOUR ILLUSTRATION

We looked at the colour wheel in detail, focusing on complimentary colours and the subtle blend between colours.

We then looked into the tertiary colours by blending the primary colours with secondary colours.

These are some artists that focus heavily on colour in their work, that we gained inspiration from for the next stage within this workshop.

These are some basic illustrations I made using the three colour blends from above.

This was inspired by Mark Rothko, its my own take on his style of work using colour formulas to create visual aesthetics.

Again a quick experimental painting using yellow to purple colours and mixes only.

At first I thought that this workshop would be simple and boring however I was quickly proven wrong when I realised successful and accurate painting requires some skill and much more concentration and constant colour mixing then I expected. I relearnt a lot of the basics in colour theory that I had forgotten and even more especially when it came to the subject of tertiary colours and the combinations that it takes to make various shades of brown and how these colours often unexpectedly compliment each other and work together so well. I feel I completed this task at a fairly rapid pace but not too fast allowing me to explore everything I needed to successfully within a short time frame. I am looking forward to using these colour combinations and using them further in all aspects of my future work- I believe there are some really strong combinations here, at the moment I really like what yellow and purple seem to create both as a visual image and an atmosphere or mood.
 
Images: Authors own
 
CHC

No comments:

Post a Comment