Tuesday 26 November 2013

PROJECT 5 DAY 2 LIFE DRAWINGS

A few pencil studies of the model with pen drawn insects illuminated on top.

Biro standard study.

Charcoal study.

Experimental triangle study.

This was a much more successful session of life drawings compared to the last time. I had more time and generally a lot more experience to know how to go about achieving the best results. I experimented with a range of media and styles giving me a selection of paths to take in this project on Friday and next week. I feel my drawing skills have improved immensely through these sessions and my eye has really adapted to getting the necessary lines to form a skeleton and then build the rest of my drawing around that. I have formed a technique which seems to work well even when working at speed although I do need to make sure I work looking over the page and not at an angle because I have a habit of mis-shaping the size and dynamics of the scale but this is often a good thing if I am trying to achieve an effect where perfection of scale is not the priority. I am looking forward to watching my idea grow and form a final product by the end of the project.
 
Images: Authors own.
 
CHC

No comments:

Post a Comment