Friday 1 November 2013

PROJECT 2 DAY 3

This is a computer edit of the hand drawn poster I made for my groups film based on the word 'new'.

Using such a strict and simple colour scheme allowed for easy editing when it came to basic computer editing. The blue would be suitable if I was aiming to achieve a more moody tone.

This is the original unedited version of the poster I created. I was trying to capture the style of old fashioned circus style posters where the bold font pile on top of each other making a ladder with some famous characters- Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix included in a thoughtful pose as if answering the question the poster asks themselves.

This shows the posters created within my group for our film on 'new'. This image of them grouped together shows the range of styles used but all have profound meaning either hidden or clearly demonstrated by the dynamics within the poster.

Two very simple but effective designs. The tree created by the words 'new' and 'now' on the orange poster is graphically so simple as a design that everyone recognises and that's what the audience appreciate- something that they can relate to which draws them in.

I really like this simple design as well, the minimalist approach is very successful here because when you first look at it; it can seem quite empty or simply about new music but then the more you look at it the more you read into it, where the stretched new could represent music through time and I really like the shadow which actually spells 'old' - very original.

Again the poster on the left uses recognisable forms such as the daft punk album logo which at this moment is very new so again the message of new is clear to the beholder.

When creating the film to be uploaded onto youtube, our most technically skilled group members used 'imovie' to put all of our ideas, images and contributions into one final product.

Here is the youtube link to the film - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxLwxUTELvY

Overall as a project I did enjoy creating a film and looking deeply into the definition of a single word. The group I worked together with, worked well as a team which helped this project go smoothly. All ideas were considered and filtered so that we achieved the best final product. I would say that within the group essentially only one person can solely edit and produce the film which puts a lot of pressure on them whereas other individuals may not have much to do however given this situation I think as a group we did well to give near enough equal amounts of effort and work between each other in the process of making this film. I am pleased with how the project went and with the final film produced however if I was to do a project like this again I would like to have more time which would allow for slicker editing and the eradication of minor mistakes. Also to do some camera filming is something I would like to try next time to try and capture real life on film which is going down a much different route to the one my group took when we decided to take a very strong graphic approach to the film making.
 
Images: Authors own and members of my group.
 
CHC

No comments:

Post a Comment