Monday 25 November 2013

PROJECT 5 DAY 1 BRIGHTON

Some street art on the way to the gallery.

In the gallery- Jan Svankmajor's odd creations.

Drawn and painted hybrid animals - Jan Svankmajor.

Poster for film.

Beach photos.

The journey from the station to the gallery in Brighton provided a cultured walk to us; we saw various inspirational street art on the walls. I really like this artistic aspect of Brighton so the whole exhibition in the gallery was a slight disappointment if I am honest. I found the artwork very unique and strangely interesting but at the same time also very odd with taxidermy present everywhere with slightly disturbing body parts and bones joined together like something you would expect to see in a horror movie. The 3D art definitely had an effect on everyone who viewed it including myself, whether it was a good or bad effect doesn't really matter, Svankmajor managed to convey across a sense of storytelling through extreme but recognisable characters despite their strange form. After doing a few brief sketches of the work in the gallery I then went walking around Brighton and the beach front taking pictures and sketching anything that caught my eye. I think I made the most of the day in Brighton and am proud of what I gained from the day; however next time I will spend longer when doing sketches of art works and scenery to make it look better or less rough. Then again quick sketching is good practice so I suppose that it is a mix of drawing styles that I should aim to achieve on days out.
 
Images: Authors own.
 
CHC

No comments:

Post a Comment