Monday 23 September 2013

3D WEIGHT HOLDING DESIGNS PART 2

WEEK 4 DAY 1

Above are my sketches from a quick exercise of imagination. Starting from top left (going clockwise) is where I drew a circle, square and triangle and then had to draw a method of transport unknown to modern times so I went for a giant big wheeled vehicle. From two vertical lines, a horizontal line and a diagonal line I had to create a birds eye plan of a shopping mall. Then my mp3 belt Bluetooth head set design was sheer imagination. Then after drawing a human body I had to manipulate it into an animal so I ended up with a human/ crocodile hybrid. Then using the pattern from the sole of my trainer I had to design some jewellery. The final drawing is where I adapted two similar squiggles into a pair of shoes.


Again from top left (clockwise) is my favourite clothing turned into a light (the white squares represent lights). Then from an orange (my favourite fruit) I had to draw a rabbit hutch. In the middle of the page is where I randomly drew lots of dots then connected them up with lines which provided a floor plan for a double bed bungalow. Finally using a large scale version of my house number I had to design a bus shelter.


Using only one sheet of card and a limited amount of masking tape I designed a 'chef hat like' bottle holder.


To make it appear more interesting I first drew lots of hands all over the design to help emphasise the fact that it was a holder.


Here the picture proves that the bottle holder adequately does its job and looks good despite its simplicity.



 I really enjoyed these tasks and feel this enjoyment and passion inspired my creativity which combined with my methodological approach lead to successful designs in that they did what was asked of them whilst looking visually pleasing (although some feedback would suggest that improvements could still be made in the visuals department of the design. I have made mistakes during the making but I quickly corrected them which was perhaps why I never ran out of time on these tasks. The primary sketched designs for various briefs really altered my perspective on how I looked at things- it really showed that for some great designs you have to think out of the box. Thinking out of the box encourages originality which cannot be underestimated as a source for creation because it brings something new to the table and generally that sort of thing is in extremely high demand all over the world. 
 
CHC
 
Images: Authors own.



No comments:

Post a Comment