Thursday 5 September 2013

DAY 3

 

The next part of the project involves 'burying' the 10 items of ephemera in a place which has some sort of meaning or particular relevence to the individual onject. The Hellboy video I chose to hide amongst all my other DVDs and XBOX games. The camera shows it at the front but I put it at the back where it is buried behind all my better DVDs that I actually watch, whereas the DVDs at the back rarely ever get watched.

My Big Chill wristband I buried under the hair on my wrist/ arms. The reason for why the band is on my hand  in the picture is because if I put it any further down on my arm then the hair would swamp it and the band would be lost forever. I could not think of a more ironic and more relevent place for the item, it was born on my arm so it only seemed relevent that it should be buried there. 

My Paralympics ticket received a place in the immortal box that I placed in the back of a large cupboard in my room, it is highly unlikely that this will be rediscovered any time soon amongst the other clutter that surrounds the box.

First to understand why I have placed these fun snaps in my bag you should first know that if something enters my bag it rarely leaves my bag. I still have a couple of rubber bouncy balls buried in the bottom of my bag and they've been there since 2010, today I took out some possibly antique dirty old spoons from the bottom of the bag to make room for the fun snaps. 

This picture shows the Bob Marley CD and a CD player of which I buried the Bob Marley CD under after this photo was taken. The CD player raely moves and is located in my sisters room which I rarely enter so you can consider truely buried however it is not so well hidden in that one day when my sister is slightly older I would like her to listen to this CD and relive some of my memories.

This image shows my Ipod dock of which I have specially cleared for this photo. I have placed the gorilla head on top of it which is a position usually covered in mine or my brothers books and many random A4 sheets amongst other things so within atleast a couple of days this item will be buried under swhatever nonsense ends up landing on it.

The teenage mutant ninja turtle Leonardo also received a place in the immortal purple box on a journey into the depths of my bedroom cupboard. Here he was reunited with his familiars amongst a number of other items.

I think the purple box became the burial site for my most prized objects of memory. In here I sent the Hammerhead shark where I know it will be buried well and safely where no thief can easily steal it.

The 'C' bookmark I put in my favourite book which I have already read which means that I will never read it again. Shortly after this photo was taken I placed the book amongst a collection of other books that I have also read so you can consider this item truely buried in a relevent place which bring up memories similar to that of the actual bookmark.

Goggle sare central to my life revolving around the water. I was hesitant to get rid of these seeing as they are still highly useful however I knew I had to hide them so I buried them in a relevent place- the belly of the beast. A great white sharks life revolves around the water so the goggles shouldn't be too out of place but this item of ephemera can be considered buried.
 
REFLECTION
 
This task was very thought provoking and stimulated responses even I myself didn't expect prior to really thinking about where to bury my items. I thought about burying items in more public areas however after thought I decided to neglect this idea seeing as I have lost so many things within my household. I think I have achieved success in the way that I have buried items in relevent places which may be usually passed by due to being so simple. I have learnt that multiple photos allow you to slect the best image from a group rather than just taking one picture and solely relying on that individual image. Personally I do not like the idea of burying my meorable items because selfishly they are items they I do not want to share or lose so thinking about this situation was interesting in that it put me in a situation which I would never have put myself. Even I am interested myself in my responses and how I dealt with the task but I feel I successfully included a sense of humour into the task especially with my last image (goggles in the belly of the beast). Coping with time management throughout this task was easy however I did go back to change burial sites a few times so in future I think more planning possibly in the form of a brainstorm would be a grand idea to improve the quality of my work and give it a much more flow through thoughtful methods of carrying out the task.
 
 
CHC

No comments:

Post a Comment